Women in Construction
Women in Construction 2024 to explore careers beyond the trades, work-life balance and more
January 30, 2024 By Rock to Road Staff
The fourth annual Women in Construction event is set to take place on March 7, kicking off at 1:00 p.m. E.T.
A collaboration between Rock to Road and nine leading construction trade publications, Women in Construction 2024 is designed to help construction professionals discover the insights needed to navigate the evolving demands for women in construction, on and off the jobsite.
This year’s virtual event will focus on exploring careers beyond the trades, discussions surrounding work-life balance, and provide attendees with the chance to dive into the world of affinity groups and participate in interactive panels.
Our sessions will include:
- Keynote: Ashleigh Kaliszuk, owner of Construct YEG, will discuss her life journey and share her overarching message that no matter who you are or what you do, follow your passion.
- Fireside chat: This conversation will explore careers in the trades beyond the job site, including distribution/wholesale, sales agencies, manufacturers, etc.
- Affinity groups: This session will share the insight and experience of panelists on how to start—and sustain—an affinity group (a women’s group) at your workplace, or for your industry.
- Let’s talk law: This Kahoot! session will feature snippets of legal advice to construction employers about human rights code and workplace health & safety code.
- Work-life balance: This presentation will spark discussions about what can be done to help employers better establish and meet the needs of their employee, on and off the jobsite.
For more information on our session and speaker line-up, please visit the event website.
Print this page