Products & Equipment
Pits & Quarries
Sandvik’s new QE241 heavy-duty scraper
By Andrew Macklin
October 13, 2015 – Sandvik Construction is expanding its range of scalpers with the launch of the new QE241 heavy-duty scalper. Compact in design and easy to transport, the QE241 provides the same user-friendly features from Sandvik’s premium range of scalpers but in a smaller scale version.
Sandvik developed the QE241 based on customer feedback. It is an ideal solution for smaller end users where performance, versatility, transportation and setup times are most important. The QE241 also benefits from Sandvik’s long history of mobile scalper development as well as sharing common characteristics from its larger siblings including a two-way split configuration option and sequential start-up.
Capable of scalping before or after a small crusher, the QE241 features a heavy-duty variable speed belt feeder and a highly aggressive 11’ x 4’ / 3500 x 1240 mm double deck screenbox. The large scalping area, combined with the banana-type bottom deck arrangement, provides an effective and efficient screening solution like no other. The impressive 1200 mm / 47” wide conveyor can handle the toughest oversize material and two hydraulically folding side conveyors handle the fines and midsize products.
With a wide choice of screen media available, the QE241 offers customers a highly versatile unit that can be configured to suit the specific requirements of the application. Its robust chassis has been designed to be compatible for two-way or three-way split versions.
A key benefit for operators is the easy to use control system and user interface with sequential start, a common feature across Sandvik’s 1 Series screens and scalpers. The model also comes with two-speed tracking which helps to reduce travel time between jobsites.
Designed for ease of transport, the 17,500 kg / 38,580 lbs model comes complete with hydraulically folding tail and side conveyors, together with a rigid one-piece hopper for quick set-up times. These features, combined with its compact footprint make it ideal for contractors requiring the need to travel quickly from site to site.
Ease of maintenance is ensured through the hydraulic jack up facility on the screen box, also common with its larger siblings. This allows easy access to the bottom deck for service and screen media changes.
Key customer benefits include:
• Ease of mobility – Its compact footprint means it is easy and economical to transport. Two speed radio remote controlled tracks for faster relocation between sites
• Massive throughput – Wide oversize conveyor with variable speed to handle more oversize product
• Ease of operation – Unique color-coded control panel with one touch start/stop
• Versatility – Choice of different screen media available for different applications. Compatible for 2-way or 3-way split configurations
• Ease of maintenance – Screenbox jack-up facility with easy access to bottom deck media
• Massive stockpiling capacity – Integrated hydraulic conveyors
• Safety – Fully compliant with current safety regulations
• Highly efficient – Machine designed for efficient fuel economy, and low operating costs