Changes coming to the Canadian drone industry
By Andrew Snook
The new year is bringing exciting new changes to the Canadian drone industry.
With Transport Canada’s imminent release of regulations regarding RPAS operated in visual line of sight, they will establish the foundation for Canadians to be able to fully leverage these aerial tools. Through online registration and knowledge testing, we will have safer skies and a clear path to compliance.
At Rock to Road’s upcoming Quarry Tech forum taking place in Vancouver on March 6, local drone expert Kate Klassen of Coastal Drone Co. will discuss the opportunities and challenges that still face this industry and your best approach to implementing successful drone operations of your own.
Kate Klassen is the director of operations at Coastal Drone Co., a Vancouver-based but nation-wide education and consulting company. Kate has trained over 1,000 drone pilots and recently joined the board of directors with Unmanned Systems Canada. She has worked with Transport Canada on multiple projects directly related to the upcoming drone regulations and has a decade of experience in aviation as a commercial pilot and instructor on both airplanes and drones giving her a unique perspective on the rapidly evolving drone industry.
Who should attend Quarry Tech?
• Quarry and sand & gravel pit operations managers and owners
• Process engineers
• Optimization staff
• Design consultants
• Fleet managers
What will you learn at Quarry Tech Vancouver?
• Simple, effective aggregate automation;
• Measuring for success;
• Processing fines within the crushing circuit;
• Hybrid crushing technologies;
• Wash screen optimization;
• Key benefits of modular washing solutions and water management systems;
• Crushing poor workplace culture;
• A new occupational health and safety toolbox for the aggregate industry;
• An update on Canadian drone regulations, compliance management and training;
• Modernizing aggregate dispatch: Solutions built for subcontracted haulers; and
• Benefits of track mobile crushing and screening.
For more information or to register, visit www.quarrytech.ca.
Thank you to all of our generous sponsors!