Pits & Quarries
Biodiversity, permits, pandemic and more discussed at Quarry Tech Virtual Event
By Jay Koblun
By Jay Koblun
Industry professionals from across Canada joined Rock to Road for its first-ever virtual Quarry Tech event October 28. From permitting and licensing, to biodiversity and COVID-19, speakers shared their knowledge and answered questions during a question and answer period.
Rock to Road editor Andrew Snook kicked off the event with opening remarks, thanking Quarry Tech Virtual event sponsors and introducing the line-up of topics and speakers.
“I’d first like to thank our sponsors for making this event possible,” said Snook. “Our platinum sponsors ELRUS and the Alberta Sand & Gravel Association; our Gold sponsors: RL Rurka, Western Canadian dealer for Trimble Loadrite; Polydeck; Superior Industries; and Kleemann of the Wirtgen Group; and our Silver sponsors: BKT, Frontline Machinery and Luff Industries.”
Sessions were as follows:
- Tackling permitting and licensing challenges, with; John Ashton, executive director, Alberta Sand and Gravel Association; Tyson Craiggs, president, BC Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (BCSSGA); and Anne Guiot, partner, Skelton, Brumwell & Associates Inc., and board member of the Rehabilitation and Land Use Committee, Ontario Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (OSSGA).
- Competitive advantages of a strong biodiversity program, with; Bill Gowdy, Environment and Public Affairs Manager, northern Alberta and northern Saskatchewan, Lafarge Canada; and Chuck Priestley, STRIX Ecological Consulting.
- Permanent pandemic practices roundtable, with; Tony Maida, Area Manager, Selkirk Paving (SPL); Moumen Yousri, General Manager for Aggregates and northern Alberta for Lafarge Canada; and Brent Morrey, Director of Aggregates Performance at Colas USA and founding member of Aggregate Producers Association of Canada.
All sessions are available for On-Demand viewing at www.rocktoroad.com. Registering for the event gives viewers free access to the content and also gives access to several more On-Demand sessions hosted by the event’s sponsors, which include:
- Screening problems, solved: Top 5 screening issues every producer faces
- Innovative quarry optimization ideas
- Effective innovations in the mobile crushing and screening industry
- Maximizing Cone Crusher Performance
- Proper feeding of the crushing circuit
- Effective Innovations in the Mobile Crushing and Screening Industry
- Selecting the Most Productive Tire for your Operation
Visit www.rocktoroad.com for access to all of this content, On-Demand sessions, and product demo videos.