Ask the expert: Volvo CE/Skanska Electric Site research project
Uwe Müller, chief project manager for the Electric Site at Volvo CE has graciously agreed to answer the questions submitted in advance by Rock to Road’s readers related to the $30-million electrified quarry test site and the recent results from its 10-week field test, which surpassed expectations.
The project – created by Volvo CE and Skanska Sweden in partnership with the Swedish Energy Agency and two Swedish universities – was designed to electrify certain transport stages in quarry operations from excavation to primary crushing and transport to secondary crushing though the use of autonomous and electric vehicle prototypes.
Rock to Road editor Andrew Snook, who has reported on the electric test site from its conception to the field test stage, will share Uwe Müller’s answers with Quarry Tech attendees and offer a look at the unique project.
Deadline for submitting questions is February 22, 2019.
Answers will be shared at Quarry Tech Vancouver taking place on March 6 at the Marine Drive Golf Club, as well as at Quarry Tech Moncton on April 25 at the Royal Oaks Golf Club.
Who should attend Quarry Tech?
• Quarry and sand & gravel pit operations managers and owners
• Process engineers
• Optimization staff
• Design consultants
• Fleet managers
What will you learn at Quarry Tech Vancouver?
• Simple, effective aggregate automation;
• Measuring for success;
• Processing fines within the crushing circuit;
• Hybrid crushing technologies;
• Wash screen optimization;
• Key benefits of modular washing solutions and water management systems;
• Crushing poor workplace culture;
• A new occupational health and safety toolbox for the aggregate industry;
• An update on Canadian drone regulations, compliance management and training;
• Modernizing aggregate dispatch: Solutions built for subcontracted haulers; and
• Benefits of track mobile crushing and screening.
For more information or to register, visit www.quarrytech.ca.
Co-located with PaveTech!
Quarry Tech Vancouver will be co-located with PaveTech: A Smart Roads Conference. For more information on PaveTech or to register, visit www.pavetech.ca.
Thank you to all of our sponsors!
Register now for Quarry Tech Vancouver, seating is limited!The agenda is officially set for Rock to Road’s Quarry…
Kespry announces Site Planning Toolkit for maximizing mining and aggregates site profitabilityKespry, the leading drone-based aerial intelligence solution provider, has announced…
Modernizing aggregate dispatch: Solutions built for subcontracted haulersIn 2005 Noah Dolgoy founded a construction company in Alberta,…
Fibre reinforced asphalt pavementSynthetic fibres have been used to improve the performance of…
2019 OGRA Conference
February 24-27, 2019
March 5, 2019
March 6, 2019
National Heavy Equipment Show
March 28-29, 2019
April 8-14, 2019
April 25, 2019