Rock to Road

News Roads & Paving
Roadwork projects get the nod in Brownsburg-Chatham for this year

January 31, 2023  By The

Plans are being made for three significant roadwork projects in Brownsburg-Chatham, Que. for 2023.

Three regulations were introduced by municipal council to authorize spending for rehabilitation work, on montée La Branche, chemin de la Carrière, and chemin Dalesville Sud, and according to Director-General Jean-François Brunet, Brownsburg-Chatham received a government grant in 2022 for work on montée la Branche. Work will include resurfacing and reducing safety hazards on the road. The grant will cover 45 per cent of the cost of the project, but the municipality must pay the remaining 55 per cent. The total cost of the project is $2,557,800.

Mayor Kévin Maurice described montée La Branche as an important road for the municipality, because it connects Autoroute 50 to Brownsburg.

(The Review)


Print this page


Stories continue below