Rock to Road

Products & Equipment Pits & Quarries
Polydeck Screen Corporation celebrates 40 years

October 17, 2018  By  Andrew Snook

Polydeck co-founder Manfred Freissle.

Even the wind and rain coming off of Hurricane Michael couldn’t dampen the spirits of the employees of the Polydeck Screen Corporation, which celebrated its 40th anniversary at its headquarters in Spartanburg, S.C. Employees battled strong winds the day before the event, using forklifts to hold up tents to be used for the festivities, which ended up being a nice sunny day.

Approximately 325 employees and customers celebrated the day with a luncheon that featured a 30-minute video showcasing the company’s last 40 years, as well as speeches from the company’s founders Manfred Freissle and Dieter Egler; its current president Peter Freissle and his son, Matthew, the third generation of Freissle currently being trained to take over the family business; and Ron Kuehl, Polydeck’s executive vice-president.

“Success is a journey and we’re here to honour a 40-year journey today, Kuehl told the crowd.

Peter Freissle praised the company’s employees for their dedication, saying they’re key part of the company’s continued success.


“People that go beyond the call of duty that fight for us,” he said. “Less than half of a per cent of companies make it to this point. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all that you do for us.”

Peter had all members of the Polydeck team stand and be recognized for everything they do to help ensure the company’s success.

Manfred Freissle discussed the history behind how the company came to be formed and expressed his gratitude for all he has achieved and experienced.

“I’m very blessed today and thank God for giving me my life, health and giving me what I thought was most important: Christ.”

The company’s core values are deeply rooted in Christianity. The Polydeck Core Values of its mission statement states:

We are a company grounded in the Christian values of humility, honesty, integrity, respect, kindness and a sense of social responsibility. Our goal is to create eternal value by striving to honor God in all we do. This is reflected in how we conduct our business and how we care for our employees – our greatest asset.

Caring for employees isn’t just a feel-good statement at Polydeck. The company funds the Polydeck Caring Committee, which assists in the physical and spiritual well being of its employees. The company invests 1.5 per cent of its total sales back into the fund to help assist its employees and others in need. Of the funds collected, 83 per cent are pooled into a fund to provide financial assistance to members of the Polydeck family – if someone’s car breaks down and they can’t afford to fix it, for example. The remaining 17 per cent are used to fund local and international charitable work.

Customers and other distinguished guests were also treated to tours of the company’s 129,400-sq.-ft. headquarters and manufacturing plant, which has experienced six expansions since the company was founded in 1978. The company’s expansions also include a second manufacturing facility in Santiago, Chile; as well several distribution centres across the U.S.

For more information on Polydeck Screen Corporation, visit

Print this page


Stories continue below