Pits & Quarries
Terex Finlay launches new jaw crusher
By Terex Finlay
By Terex Finlay
Feb. 17, 2015 – Terex Finlay has launched its new J-1170AS jaw crusher.
It is the latest in the company's tracked mobile jaw crushers.
Feb. 17, 2015 – Terex Finlay has launched its new J-1170AS jaw crusher. It is the latest in the company's tracked mobile jaw crushers.
The NEW Terex Finlay J-1170AS is a high performance primary mobile jaw crusher built around the renowned and aggressive Terex 1100mm x 700mm (44” x 28”) jaw crusher, with a proven track record in recycling, aggregate production and mining applications. A key new feature of this model is the on-board detachable sizing screen.
The Terex 1100mm x 700mm (44” x 28”) jaw chamber provides excellent material reduction and product sizing in the processing of blasted quarry rock and ore material. The jaw chamber is also available with optional hydraulic release, an excellent feature when crushing construction and demolition debris. The hydraulic release option has an automatic overload protection system to prevent damage by uncrushable items in the feed material.
The machine is powered by either a Tier 3 / Stage 3A Caterpillar C9 261kW (350hp) or a Tier 4i Scania DC9 70A 257kW (350hp).
Hydrostatic transmission of the jaw chamber offers operators reversible operation in the event of a blockage. The hydrostatic system also provides variable chamber speed to suit given applications. The crusher features hydraulic assist Chamber CSS (Closed Side Setting) adjustment, and can be changed in a matter of minutes.
The machine has a heavy duty variable speed vibrating grizzly feeder (VGF) with integrated pre-screen, providing an aggressive action to separate fines material efficiently. The variable speed VGF ensures continuous choke feeding of the crushing chamber for optimal productivity. Material from the pre-screen can be diverted to a stock pile via the on board by-pass conveyor, or join the crushed product on the main belt.
The large 9.6m³ (12.55yd³) hopper has hydraulically folding sides and an innovative hydraulic self-locking mechanism to provide efficient and faster machine set up and tear down times.
“The J-1170AS with its onboard sizing screen will enable operators to produce a spec’d product without the need for a secondary screen. The sizing screen can also be detached without the need for additional lifting gear means that the machine can be used as ‘straight’ J-1170 jaw crusher, giving the operator versatility for applications that do not require sizing. When you combine these factors with the excellent crushing capabilities and the ease with which the machine can be transported ensures the demands of owner operators and crushing contractors are easily met,” said Nigel Irvine, Sales and Marketing Director.
• Robust proven Terex 1100mm x 700mm jaw crusher for high capacity and large reduction ratios in quarrying, mining, demolition and recycling applications.
• On board After Screen delivering a single sized product removing the need for a second machine.
• After Screen system can be removed quickly allowing the operator to use as a standard unit, giving the operator versatility depending on the application.
• Automatic variable speed VGF ensures continuous choke feeding of the crushing chamber for optimal productivity.
• High powered hydrostatic drive ensures precise chamber control and reverse functionality for clearing blockages and assisting in demolition and recycling applications.
• Hydraulic assisted closed side setting adjustment minimises downtime and offers quick adjustment.
• Compact dimensions and quick set-up make the J-1170AS the optimum solution for contract crushing as well as demanding in-pit applications.
• Hydraulically assisted closed side setting adjustment minimizes downtime and offers quick adjustment.
• Excellent fuel economy
• Safe, quick and easy service points for regular maintenance