By Rock to Road
By Rock to Road
Mississauga, Ont. – The Surety Association of Canada (SAC) held its 29th Annual General Meeting virtually on December 3, 2020. During the virtual event, the association recognized the 2020 Graduating Class of the Associateship of Canadian Surety Bonding (ACSB) Designation Program as follows:
- Lezlie Abboud, Rosenberg & Parker of Canada
- Arbaaz Aziz, Hub International / HKMB Limited
- Morgan Dawson, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company
- Hussam El Kaissai, Swiss Re
- Mathilde Fourcade, Travelers Canada
- Tyler George, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company
- James Harris, The Guarantee Company of North America, an Intact Company
- Benjamin Hicks, Aviva Insurance Company of Canada
- Diana Ho, RAISE Underwriting
- Kylie Hughes, Intact Insurance
- Kate Kubiski, Intact Insurance
- Loryn Marcellus, Travelers Canada
- Brilee Medd, Rogers Insurance Ltd.
- Cody Miller, Lloyd Sadd Insurance
- Sarita Parmar, Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Shannon Riley, Rogers Insurance Ltd.
- Duncan Ross, Cowan Insurance Group
- Cassidy Rush, Drayden Insurance Ltd.
- Mark Schissler, The Sovereign General Insurance Company
- Steve Stahl, Foster Park Brokers Inc.
- Michael Wickstrom, Intact Insurance
- Dexter Wood, Northbridge Surety Limited
“On behalf of SAC’s Board of Directors and Staff, we would like to congratulate this year’s graduates on achieving their designation as Associate of Canadian Surety Bonding,” said Steven D. Ness, president of SAC. “While we would have much preferred to have presented graduates with their certificates in person, this year’s class is one of the largest group of graduates in the history of the ACSB Designation Program. Congratulations to all.”
The ACSB Designation Program aims to provide students with a theoretical and practical understanding of suretyship through a comprehensive review of surety bonds and related process and is intended for those who plan on embarking on a career in the surety industry. The program commenced in September 1998 and as of the start of this year is now offered in partnership with McMaster University Continuing Education.
Students who are enrolled in the ACSB Designation Program are required to complete four core courses which include Principles of Suretyship, Contract Surety, Construction & Surety Law and Introductory Financial Accounting, as well as two elective courses covering a wide range of business skills. All courses are offered through a distance/online learning platform.
More information about the ACSB Designation Program can be found here: www.suretycanada.com