September 14, 2015 – Ritchie Bros. sold $101+ million of heavy equipment and trucks at its unreserved public auction in Edmonton, AB on September 9–11, 2015. The auction attracted 9,850+ bidders from 50+ countries, including 6,150+ online bidders: the second-largest number of bidders ever registered at a Ritchie Bros. auction, surpassed only by the April 2015 auction in Edmonton.
More than 7,300 equipment items were sold, including 600+ trailers, 200+ truck tractors, 120+ compactors, 95+ excavators, 85+ crawler tractors, 60+ wheel loaders, 40+ cranes, 40+ farm tractors, oil & gas equipment and more. Bids were made in the auction in person, online at rbauction.com and by proxy.
“This was our largest September auction ever in Edmonton, with record sales, crowds and number of items sold; we registered thousands more bidders than we did at the same time last year,” Trent Vandenberghe, vice president of sales at Ritchie Bros. “In particular, we saw strong pricing for transportation equipment, as well as articulated dump trucks and cranes. Oil and gas equipment also sold well, considering the current climate in that sector. We are now looking forward to hosting our first four-day October auction, which is already building, with more consignments daily.”
U.S. buyers purchased approximately 17 per cent of the equipment, which is the largest percentage of U.S. buyer participation in an Edmonton auction ever. More than 80 per cent of the equipment in the auction was purchased by Canadian buyers, including 46 per cent purchased by Albertans. Equipment sold to buyers from as far away as France, Cameroon, and the Philippines. Online bidders purchased $58+ million or 57 per cent of equipment.
Specific sales highlights:
- A Manitowoc 888 230-ton crawler crane sold for $620,000
- A 2011 John Deere 870G LC hydraulic excavator sold for $460,000
- Two Grove RT890E 90-ton 4x4x4 rough terrain cranes sold for $410,000 each
- A 2006 Link-Belt HTC8690 90-ton 8x4x4 hydraulic truck crane sold for $400,000
- Two 2015 Western Star 4900SB tri-drive combination hydro vac trucks sold for $390,000 each
- Three 2012 John Deere 460E 6×6 articulated dump trucks sold for $365,000 each
- A 2012 Caterpillar 980H MH wheel loader sold for $280,000
- A 2008 Caterpillar D8R certified rebuild crawler tractor sold for $252,500
- A Cozad 80-ton, 48-wheel 2+4 combo lowboy sold for $225,000
- Two 2014 Kenworth T800 tri-drive sleeper truck tractors sold for $187,500 each
Four-day Edmonton auction scheduled for October 27 – 30, 2015
With the September Edmonton auction over, Ritchie Bros.’ Edmonton team is now preparing for a massive four-day auction in late October, which will feature equipment from every sector and multiple OEM brands. Traditionally, of the six auctions Edmonton hosts each year, April and October are the largest, as contractors gear up for the summer and winter seasons. Ritchie Bros. held its first-ever four-day Edmonton auction this past April, selling 7,700 equipment items and trucks and attracting more than 14,000 bidders.
Print this page