Ritchie Bros. sets records in Grande Prairie
March 16, 2016 By Andrew Macklin
March 16, 2016 – Ritchie Bros.’ Grande Prairie auction this week saw CA$62+ million of equipment had been sold, and more than 7,150 people registered to bid—both new records for the Grande Prairie site.
Ritchie Bros. sold 2,500+ equipment items and trucks for 250+ sellers at the March 14-15, 2016 auction, including three complete dispersals. The auction’s impressive line-up of equipment and trucks—including 70+ excavators, 65+ dozers, 270+ trailers, 70 truck tractors, and more—attracted bidders from 39 countries.
“We normally hold our first Grande Prairie auction of the year in April, but added this auction to the Peace Region calendar to meet the needs of two customers—Pinnacle Services and Continental Pipelines and Facilities—looking to do complete dispersals,” said Simon Wallan, vice president of Ritchie Bros.
Out-of-province buyers purchased CA$32+ million of equipment (52 per cent), including CA$7+ million sold to out-of-country buyers (12 per cent).
Bidders participated in the auction in person, online in real time at rbauction.com, and by proxy. Online buyers purchased 55 per cent (CA$34+ million) of the equipment in the auction. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment sales highlights:
- 10 Komatsu PC490LC-10 hydraulic excavators sold for a combined CA$2.5+ million
- Two 2012 Caterpillar 730 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined CA$430,000
- A 2009 Caterpillar D8T dozer sold for CA$335,000
- Two 2015 Kenworth T800 T/A sleeper winch tractors sold for a combined CA$320,000
- Two 2014 Kenworth T800 sleeper truck tractors sold for a combined CA$233,000
- A 2010 Volvo L150G wheel loader sold for CA$175,000
- A 2009 Kenworth T800 Texas Bed tri-drive sleeper winch tractor sold for CA$135,000
Auction quick facts: Grande Prairie, AB (March 14-15, 2016)
- Gross auction proceeds – CA$62+ million (new site record)
- Amount sold to online bidders – CA$34+ million (new site record)
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – 7,150+ bidders from 39 countries (new site record)
- Online registered bidders – 4,500+ (62 per cent) (new site record)
- Number of lots sold – 2,500+
- Number of sellers – 250+
Print this page