PPI unveils smart idlers at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020
March 11, 2020 By Andrew Snook
Las Vegas, Nev. – At the PPI booth during CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, Jim Masek showed off PPI’s new idler rolls equipped with Vayeron Smart-Idler technology.
The Vayeron technology can predict and report on idler failures, making it possible for quarry managers to reduce their conveyor downtimes and reduce conveyor maintenance costs.
“It’s basically a sensor technology inside an idler roll,” Masek explains. “It will tell you the condition of the bearings, temperature of the bearings, any shell wear, and whatever else is happening with the idler roll.”
- Autonomous and online 24/7 monitoring;
- Predictive maintenance insight;
- Pre-emptive detection of idler failure;
- Increased safety;
- Reduced downtime;
- Reduction in spares inventory;
- Increased productivity; and
- Improved operational data.
The capabilities of the Vayeron Smart-Idler technology include:
- Bearing temperature sensing;
- Vibration sensing – Acceleration enveloping spectral analysis to detect bearing problems early;
- RPM sensing;
- Shell wear and buildup detection; and
- Wireless communication.
“It connects to the gateway wirelessly, so there’s no wires connected to any of the rolls, and then it goes back into the Internet of Things and displays on a dashboard at whatever company’s website needs to be shown,” Masek says.
For more information on PPI’s new idler rolls equipped with Vayeron Smart-Idler technology, drop by Booth# 31446 or visit: www.ppi-global.com.
Print this page