OSSGA looking for speakers
July 19, 2016 By OSSGA
July 19, 2016 – The aggregate industry is always finding new and better ways to ensure we can get the job done safely and correctly—the first time and every time. New ideas and innovation in technology keep pushing us forward and make us more productive and sustainable. The Ontario Stone Sand & Gravel Association (OSSGA) is calling for presentation proposals for its 2017 Operations, Health and Safety Seminar!
What: OSSGA Operations, Health and Safety Seminar
When: January 25-26, 2017
Where: Marriott Toronto Airport Hotel, Mississauga, Ontario
Who: The 2017 seminar brings together industry representatives from across Ontario who are interested in learning more about health and safety initiatives, innovations in safety, safety equipment, emerging technology, operations management and more.
We invite you to submit an abstract on the following topics:
- Work-Life Balance – How to manage successfully
- Conveyor Guarding
- Distracted Driving
- Working with generations and the changing workforce
- Belt Scales
- Fall Arrest Technology
- WHMIS – Coming into compliance
- Industry Accidents – How can we learn from them (panel)
- Dust suppression
- How drones are being used on sites
- Sharing the road – truck and cyclist safety
- Develop Your Own Presentation or Panel: You come up with the topic, you come up with the concept, you come up with the speakers/panel.
Proposals are due August 15, 2016.
Submissions must be sent to OSSGA no later than Monday, August 15 at 4:00 p.m. sharp to the attention of Julie Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (905) 507-0717. Submission(s) do not guarantee acceptance.
• Title of presentation
• 200 words description that speaks to: key learning attendees will take away and relevance to the aggregate industry and impact on the future.
• Speaker information: first name, last name, company, position, address, email, phone number.
• What time frame is most appropriate for your content? 15 or 30 or 45 minutes
• Have you recently addressed an OSSGA audience? No Yes* if yes what event
• Recent speaking experience (please list the date, topic, event name, # of attendees)
All submissions received become the property of OSSGA, for use in such manner and medium, including electronic media, as OSSGA determines. Presenters will be notified on September 25, 2016 of decision of acceptance.
Print this page