OSSGA 2018 Conference and AGM call for speakers
July 31, 2018 – The Ontario Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (OSSGA) is calling for presentation proposals for its 2018 Conference and AGM. Want to speak to the leaders of our industry on some of the hottest and latest topics? Then submit an abstract for the OSSGA Conference Call for Speakers.
What: OSSGA Conference and Annual General Meeting.
When: February 21 to 23, 2018.
Where: Deerhurst Resort, Huntsville, Ont.
Who: The OSSGA Conference and AGM brings together industry representatives from across Ontario for an action-packed agenda on topics such as resource management, collaborative efforts, emerging science and technology, resource management and much more.
Theme: Mastering our Message
How to get involved
We invite you to submit an abstract on the following topics:
• The growing power of municipalities
• The generational and demographic shift in the workforce
• Autonomous vehicles: What the future holds
• Coordinated plan – Panel presentation
• Nobody cares about facts
• Why are we getting out flanked by environmental groups
• The future of small and medium sized/family run businesses
• First Nations consultation
• Creating a low carbon footprint
• What kind of health and safety message are you sending your employees
• Public opinion influences on the coming election
• Bring your own presentation or panel (i.e. topical Issues, OMB decisions, etc.):
- You come up with the topic
- You come up with the concept
- You come up with the speakers/panel
Act fast, proposals are due on September 1, 2017.
• Submissions must be sent to OSSGA no later than Friday, September 1, at 4 p.m.
• Send to the attention of Julie Harrington at email@example.com or fax (905) 507-0717.
• Submission(s) do not guarantee acceptance.
All submissions received become the property of OSSGA, for use in such manner and medium, including electronic media, as OSSGA determines. Presenters will be notified on September 29 as to whether their submission has been accepted.
Abstract submission checklist:
- Title of presentation.
- 200 words description that speaks to key learning attendees will take away relevance to the aggregate industry and impact on the future.
- Speaker information: First name, last name, company, position, address, email, phone number.
- What timeframe is most appropriate for your content? 15 or 30 or 45 minutes.