Roads & Bridges
Roads & Paving
MTO awards presented at ORBA Virtual Event
MTO presents Asphalt Paving Contractor of the Year Award and Concrete Contract of the Year Award
March 4, 2021 By Jay Koblun
Deputy Minister of Transportation at the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Laurie LeBlanc presented the 2020 awards for Asphalt Paving Contractor of the Year and Concrete Contract of the Year at the Ontario Road Builders’ Association’s (ORBA) Virtual Event titled, “Forging the Roadway Ahead.”
The winner of the Asphalt Paving Contractor of the Year Award was J & P Leveque Brothers: For their work on Highway 64 near Sturgeon Falls. And the winner of the Concrete Contract of the Year Award was given to Brennan Paving & Construction Ltd., and concrete supplier for the project, Miller Concrete’s, Aurora Plant.
“Although the average driver or passenger may not know this, the high-quality materials and excellent workmanship provided by ORBA members on provincial highway projects, all contribute to a smoother travelling experience for everyone,” said LeBlanc. “I’m here today to acknowledge those efforts and recognize the companies that emerged as Ontario’s best in 2020.”
The awards are given annually and it is the 29th year for the Asphalt Paving Contractor and the fifth year for the Concrete Contract. The Awards are based on specific criteria including; the quality of the materials supplied; workmanship, the visual appearance of the finished work; and innovations used.
Asphalt Paving Contractor of the Year
The Asphalt Paving Contractor of the Year Award recognizes contractors who have completed high-Quality asphalt projects for the Ministry of Transportation. There were four finalists for the award:
- Graham Brothers Construction: For their work on highways 403, 403, and 410 in Mississauga.
- J & P Leveque Brothers: For their work on Highway 64 near Sturgeon Falls.
- Coco Paving Inc.: for their work on Highway 401 near Gananoque.
- Dufferin Construction Company Ltd.: For their work on Highway 403 near Brantford.
Concrete Contract of the Year
“This award not only recognized the contractors who complete the project, but also all of the subcontractors and suppliers necessary to produce high-quality concrete as well as the installation of concrete pre-cast items,” said LeBlanc. For 2020 there were three contracts as finalists:
- Highway 404: Brennan Paving & Construction Ltd. The concrete was supplied by Miller Concrete’s, Aurora Plant
- Highway 417: AECON Construction and Materials Limited. The concrete was supplied by TRP Ready Mix, Winchester Plant.
- Highway 401: Facca Inc. The concrete was supplied by St. Marys CBM, Windsor Plant.
Congratulations to all of this year’s finalists and award winners!
Print this page