- Terex CEO Ron DeFeo discussed the restructuring of the company and the pending sale of the Terex trucking business to Volvo before several new products were announced at the Terex media event:
- The FD5000 Mixer Truck features brand new CNG engine technology.
- The CRJ3750 portable jaw plant, one of the largest jaw plant available on the market.
- The Aggresand 206 was officially launched at the show. Carrying too large a footprint to be showcased at CONEXPO, the full-scale plant will see its first action at Hillhead in England this June.
- As discussed in our CONEXPO preview, Terex’s Powerscreen brand had three new machines launched at the show: the Trakpactor 320SR, Premiertrak 300 and the Warrior 2100.
Volvo emphasized Tier 4 technology with four new product lines launched at CONEXPO. The new C series Motor Graders, E series Excavators, G series articulated haulers and H series wheel loaders all feature Volvo’s Tier 4 Final engine technology.
But perhaps the bigger news from Volvo was the display of the concept Gaia X, a concept track excavator that is being promoted for 2030. The excavator is electric and features virtual control for operation versus the standard joystick steering.
McLanahan also made a splash with the release of four new innovative products. The Freedom series 4450 jaw crusher is the first-ever of the new machine design from McLanahan, customer-driven to increase productivity of primary crushing. The new design “will change the way our customers look at primary crushing” according to George Sidney Jr., President of McLanahan. In addition to the 4450, the company also released a new cone crusher, deep cone thickener and filter press as part of their product launch.
Topcon announced the release of an upgrade to their total station systems with the new DS-200. The hybrid system can work with both GNSS and optical positioning technology, and can be configured to work with the company’s RS5 system.
Topcon also launched a comprehensive workflow management system designed to connect crews and machines on all sites throughout the workforce. The Topcon Enterprise Solutions system provides seamless integration of all data, crews and equipment in real-time.