Products & Equipment
Doosan raises its standards with improved crawler excavator
June 10, 2021 By Rock to Road Staff
Designed for a long service life, operator-focused comfort, fuel economy, and jobsite durability, the Doosan® DX140LC-5 crawler excavator will replace the ‘dash-3’ model, featuring an extra-sturdy frame and reinforced superstructure. The excavator comes standard with permanently sealed and lubricated track links, and the bushings and hard-wear disks are designed for reliability, as well as extended service intervals to increase uptime.
Additionally, the DX140LC-5 crawler excavator contains a selectable feature, smart power control (SPC), which consists of two systems — variable speed control and pump torque control. Both systems work together to improve machine efficiency, increase productivity and reduce fuel consumption.
- Variable speed control: Reduces engine rpm during low workload requirements such as during the swing portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to perform a task and improves fuel efficiency by up to 3 to 7 per cent.
- Pump torque control: Matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excess fuel consumption, improving efficiency.
The engine control unit (ECU) automatically manages SPC when SPC is engaged. Each of the four power modes will function with SPC engaged or disengaged; however, SPC can be active only in the ‘digging’ work mode.
To ensure operators can view all aspects of the jobsite, the crawler contains a 7-inch liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen, which monitors the excavator parameters, while viewing the rear-view or optional side-view camera image. Any critical machine data appears next to the camera view. With an optional side camera, a split screen allows both camera displays to be viewed at once. New additions to the monitor include the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) gauge and improved fuel efficiency.
In addition to SPC, auto shutdown and LCD screen updates, the Doosan DX140LC-5 crawler excavator also offers:
- Improved anti-skid plates for easier engine access during machine maintenance
- Relocated emergency engine stop for easier operator access
- Improved serviceability for easier access to components, reducing maintenance times
- Upgraded alternator, which delivers improved power for electrical components
- Standard rear-view camera, which enhances rear visibility
- Front window design, which provides good visibility to the work area
Factory-installed options for the DX140LC-5 crawler excavator includes the following:
- Straight travel pedal, making it easier for the operator to travel in a straight line
- Two-way auxiliary hydraulic pedal (in addition to joystick control)
- Cab guarding for special applications
- Additional work lamps
- Rotate circuit hydraulic piping
- Diesel-powered coolant heater for cold starts
- Intelligent floating boom
- Side view camera
Print this page