BC Roadbuilders welcome new Chair
By Andrew Macklin
January 29, 2016 – The BC Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association is pleased to announce the election of its 2016 Board of Directors, including new Chair, Chad Tenney of Hall Constructors.
Mr. Tenney is vice president of Hall Constructors. Hall Constructors is an industry leader in infrastructure works including road construction, utility installation, excavation and shoring, and site development. Before joining Hall Constructors in 2010, Mr. Tenney worked as an engineer with the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and as Vice President of Infrastructure for Tyam Construction. He is also the current provincial vice chair of the Canadian Construction Association.
“This is an exciting year for the Association as we celebrate 50 years of providing a unified voice for the heavy construction, road building, and road maintenance industries. I am looking forward to working with this year’s board, membership, and industry partners to celebrate the history of our association and continue to advocate for a balanced, safe transportation system that sustains and promotes economic growth as well as safety for all British Columbians,” said Mr. Tenney.
The 2016 board includes:
- Chair/CCA Rep. – Chad Tenney, Hall Constructors
- Past Chair – John Ryan, Nechako Group of Companies
- Vice Chair/HR, Training & Career Development Rep. – Steve Drummond, Capilano Highway Services
- Secretary/Treasurer – Scott Griffin, Renaissance Group Chartered Accountants
- Construction Chair – Ross Gilmour, Peter Kiewit Infrastructure
- Construction Director – William Hoban, Hoban Construction
- Construction Director – Glen Barker, BA Blacktop
- Paving Director – Todd Strynadka, Terus Construction
- Maintenance Chair – Réal Charrois, Mainroad Group
- Maintenance Director/WCR&HCA Rep. – Kevin Higgins, YRB Group of Companies
- Maintenance Director – Sandi Paulson, Argo Group of Companies
- Service & Supply Chair – Jason Sherwood, Atlantic Industries
- Municipal Relations Rep. – Stan Weismiller, Winvan Paving
- Construction Safety Rep. – Joe Wrobel, JPW Road & Bridge