Electric Site research project results to be discussed at Quarry Tech!
April 9, 2019 By Andrew Snook
Uwe Müller, chief project manager for the Electric Site at Volvo CE has graciously agreed to answer the questions submitted in advance by Rock to Road’s readers related to the $30-million electrified quarry test site and its recent results, which surpassed expectations.
The project – created by Volvo CE and Skanska Sweden in partnership with the Swedish Energy Agency and two Swedish universities – was designed to electrify certain transport stages in quarry operations from excavation to primary crushing and transport to secondary crushing though the use of autonomous and electric vehicle prototypes.
Rock to Road, will share Uwe Müller’s answers with Quarry Tech attendees and offer a look at the unique project.
Presenter: Andrew Snook, Rock to Road Magazine.
Quarry Tech is a one-day forum exclusively for quarry and pit professionals that will offer attendees case studies and panel sessions presented by industry experts covering a wide variety of topics.
• Processing fines within the crushing circuit;
• Wash screen optimization;
• Modernizing aggregate dispatch for subcontracted haulers;
• The benefits of Legal-For-Trade wheel loader scales for government contracts;
• Prolonging operating life in rolling components;
• A look at the Volvo CE/Skanska Sweden electric site quarry project; and
• Solving real world aggregates production issues with information management software.
Who should attend Quarry Tech?
• Quarry and sand & gravel pit operations managers and owners
• Process engineers
• Optimization staff
• Design consultants
• Fleet managers
Royal Oaks Golf Club
401 Royal Oaks Blvd., Moncton, N.B.
Print this page