Here’s 5 must-see sessions at World of Asphalt 2022
February 18, 2022 By Rock to Road staff
World of Asphalt will offer numerous education sessions to asphalt paving pros at its show and conference in Nashville on March 29-31.
With topics like labour challenges and concerns over winning the next job at the forefront of asphalt business tasks, World of Asphalt and AGG1 will feature several sessions that meet those, and many other needs.
“World of Asphalt is, first and foremost, an opportunity for asphalt paving pros and business leaders to learn,” said World of Asphalt show manager Brittany Weltcheff. “As asphalt industry challenges continue to evolve and develop, we make sure our education offerings adjust to address those topics, and this year is no different.”
Here are five must-attend sessions focusing on the new challenges asphalt paving pros are facing today:
- Top 10 reasons why small businesses fail: This session walks small asphalt paving businesses through the common elements of businesses that have survived, how to evaluate your own company, and what to look for to ensure success. Learn more.
- Not everything is flat: Paving up, down and around: This session will cover best practices for paver setup and take-off for different grades, curves and other challenges. Learn more.
- Fundamentals of professional sales: This session discusses the characteristics and myths of successful salespeople including professionalism and first impressions. Tips for networking and building lasting relationships, which can be instantly applied to improve sales performance, will also be shared. Learn more.
- Middle managers will make or break your culture: This session allows attendees to discuss this topic with peers in a round table learning environment and then present experiences, recommendations and creative plans to develop these critical employees. Learn more.
- My brain made me do it: This session helps attendees understand why people do or don’t do what they should, how the mind perceives or fails to notice the world, and how to take advantage of biology, communicating more effectively and taking a human-centric approach to safety management. Learn more.
“We put a lot of effort in developing content for the People, Plants and Paving Conference this year,” said Dr. Audrey Copeland, president and CEO of NAPA, majority-owner of the show. “It’s why World of Asphalt is the must-attend event for the asphalt paving industry that it has become.”
Print this page